Thursday, December 3, 2009

Long gone

Dear Auntie Anneka

The other night I decided to go to a club with my friend. While I was there I met this most wonderful guy. He was so handsome, so charming and such a good dancer. He made me feel like the most special girl in the world. Eventually he asked me if I wanted to leave with him. I was so happy to. He said we could have gone to his house but he was halfway through redecorating so we had to go to mine instead. I went home and then TPed him over.

He asked whether we could go upstairs. I was a little reluctant as I had only just met him but he spoke to me about all the things we would do together in the coming months and I just knew that he was right for me. Because of his promises I relented and we headed upstairs and spent the most wonderful time together. It was perfect. He let me do most of the emoting as he wanted to get a feel for what I liked and although I wasn’t sure about it I even went on voice although he could not join me as his microphone was broken.

Everything was going so well. We made love for at least five or ten minutes until suddenly the crashed. I lie there on the bed for maybe half an hour waiting for him to come back to lay and hold me but he never did.

That was about ten days ago and I have not heard from my handsome boyfriend since. I am starting to get worried. I have IMed him time and time again but I have had no reply. He has even dropped off my friends list. I hate it when technology goes wrong.

Please help me. I don’t know what to do. How can I find out where he lives in RL so I can contact the hospitals?

Alexandra Seadown


Dear Alexandra

As is tradition, I would first like to thank you for your letter. I cannot imagine the heartache you must be feeling.

Now let me get this straight, you honestly believed every word this Casanova wrote to you? You really are a naïve little girly, aren’t you? "Handsome boyfriend"? Please, lady! It is certainly pretty obvious to everyone else that every lie he fed you was the work of a master seducer playing you like a fiddle with one aim. And it worked, didn’t it? He removed your pixel panties, took what he wanted and shot through even before his pants had time to cool on your bedroom floor.

Face the truth – he is not coming back. He did not crash. He is not in hospital. He is just male.

My poor girl, you have so much to learn. Flirtations, bedgroom games and short-term liaisons are common intentions of many men in Second Life. Indeed of many women too. The grid is an open field of sexual opportunities and although many seek and indeed find love and companionship the majority of us crave nothing more than cyber-gratification. The sooner you learn that, the better. Embrace it. The euphoria of a brief lust-filled alliance can be liberating. It makes a refreshing change to another night at home alone with the toy drawer, I can tell you.

Blessings
Auntie Anneka

No comments:

Post a Comment